Best scones on the planet, hands down! Ask anyone. Ask my friend Desmond…these are my go-to for when I want to treat someone.
They aren’t too sweet and the white chocolate gives them a nice texture. Not to mention raspberries are one of my favourite fruit.
Being a big fan of raspberry white chocolate scones I’ve tried lots of them – but I have to say these are the best. They’re light and fluffy and just melt in the mouth yumminess! When we were selling our house, our realtor had an open house for all the other realtors to come and check it out. I made a double batch of these scones and one of the realtors had one, and got back out to his car and ran back in to take another one. They have that effect.
Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream *whipping cream
- 6 tbspn cold unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbspn baking powder
- preheat oven to 400
- place rack in the middle of the oven
- sift dry ingredients into a large bowl
- rub in the butter (or cut it in with a pastry fork)
- mix in the white chocolate chips
- gently fold the raspberries in with a spoon or spatula
- stir in the whipping cream enough to wet the dough
- dump the mixture onto a floured board or bench and bring it together gently into a circle *about 8" with your hands. Don't overwork the dough or you'll make them tough and break up the raspberries.
- Cut the dough into wedges (it will make 8 BIG wedges) with a sharp knife dipped in flour, or cut into circles with a circle cutter or a glass dipped in flour.
- Brush the tops with cream and bake for 20 minutes or until light gold on top