GLUTEN FREE – EGG FREE – DAIRY FREE and DELICIOUS!
I had 2 groups of people stay for several days at my B&B and two (one from each group) were gluten !free, dairy free and egg free
I’ve got GF and DF pancakes down to a fine art. People always ask for seconds, but I wanted to do some baking for them too.
I came upon an oatmeal recipe I liked the look of (probably because it had coconut in it) so I set about making the cookies. When I had the cookie dough all ready to measure out onto the baking tray I had a gleeful moment, and what the heck! I threw a generous handful of chocolate chips into the batter.
These little guys are the bomb. Everyone loved them. And recently I put some out for some non-GF guests and the wife suggested that I make them and give them to guests as little gifts. They’re that good. Even Jim, the cookie monster (but only chocolate chip cookies) asked me to please hide them!
#chocolatechip #oatmeal #cookies
Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies: GF, EF, DF - darn delicious!
- 1 cup dairy free margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1¼ cups gluten free flour
- ½ tspn baking powder gluten free
- ½ tspn salt
- 2 tbspn flax seed
- 6 tbspn water
- 1 cup coconut flakes toasted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tspn vanilla essence
- 3 cups gluten free quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare flaxseed "eggs" by combining water and flaxseed and letting them sit for a few minutes
- Cream margarine and both sugars until they're creamy
- Add vanilla and flax seed eggs
- Add flour, baking powder, coconut, salt and oats
- Once mixed, add chocolate chips and mix well
- Spoon tablespoon sized portions onto baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, no longer
- Bring out of the oven and leave on the tray to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring tp a cooling rack