Yummy Cauliflower Thins
Over summer we spent as much time as we could over in Washington State for a lot of reasons - mainly because it reminds me of New Zealand so much, and we have a camping pass which gives us access to many different sites within a few hours drive.
An obligatory stop is always Trader Joes. So many things I love there! I always grabbed a pack of their cauliflower thins (guilt free bread)!
So now we're home I am not about to deprive myself, so I got this recipe going. It's very yummy and vesatile.
- 1 med cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- ½ tspn smoked paprika
- ½ cup fresh herbs
- 2 tbspn coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbspn coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a food processor, "rice" the entire cauliflower (2 batches)
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet and add cauliflower rice
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper, herbs
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with the 2 cheeses and coconut flour
- Once the cauliflower is tender, let it cool for a few minutes then add it to the egg mixture and blend it together with a spoon or spatula
- Place spoonfuls of the mix onto the cookie sheet and form into a circle about ½ thick. I use skillet egg rings to form mine and they work great.
- Try to get the edges even so they stay together better
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until they're golden brown. Sometime I turn mine over to get better colour on the other side.
- Leave them to cool completely before moving them from the cookie sheet (they will fall apart)
- Store them in the fridge for 4-5 days. I freeze 4 and keep 4 in the fridge.