This is the recipe I get asked for most often. People think it’s a big family secret that I hold dear and will never share. Not so! – Here it is: they are easy and delicious!
Most of my favourite recipes are a result of trial and error.
I cook breakfast pretty much every day and sometimes people are here for several days, so I need to have a good variety of breakfast options.
People ask for pancakes ALL the time. And when I serve them, they’re ALL gone. It is the recipe I get asked for most often. ALL the people who ate these pancakes say that they’re the best ever!
I tried a lot of different recipes but this is the one that’s stuck. The 2 secrets are the buttermilk, which gives them a really lovely texture and flavour – and making the batter well ahead of time. I make mine the night before and leave it covered in the fridge overnight.
The basis of the recipe is from The Food Network.
Best Pancakes Ever
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ tspn baking powder
- ½ tspn salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tson vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- cooking spray for the griddle/pan
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients
- In a jug beat the eggs, vanilla and buttermilk and whisk it til the eggs are incorporated.
- Add melted butter.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. It will be a lumpy batter - DO NOT overmix!
- Let the batter sit for at least 30 minutes. I make mine the night before - it saves time in the morning PLUS it gives the ingredients time to do their magic.
- Spray your griddle or pan with cooking spray and add ⅓ cup sized dollops of batter on the griddle. Press several blueberries into the top of each pancake before flipping.
- Cook for at least 3 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with maple syrup or my famous hot blueberry sauce and serve!